No Interest in Love

— feeling tired
No Interest In Love: An All About Love Novel - Cassie Mae

I received this book from Netgalley, but overlooked that it's the second book in the series when I requested it. That being said it acted as it's own standalone book for the most part, which was nice. I think I would have enjoyed it more if I had read the first book and got to see the characters from another view point. The book is told from the point of view of Jace (an actor), the arrogant player type who slowly comes around.

Jace lands an audition for an upcoming movie with a big celebrity and his agent Shay (all business and a case of bad luck) is tasked with getting him there. This opportunity is everything they want, the chance for Jace to make a name for himself, and Shay's opportunity to be taken seriously and maybe even get a promotion. Though as the trip pushes on they find the chemistry between them slowly start to blossom. Jace is left with a choice to either risk his dream and follow his heart, or grab his dream and risk what his heart desires.

I thought the book was well written, but unfortunately I've read too many books with the same romantic themed plot (arrogant player falls for innocent girl etc. etc.), and I started to lose interest halfway through. I did like that his history with Shay is written out like an actor's script, it gave the story more personality. Overall it was a cute story, with a somewhat predictable plot.

Professional Reader